2022-08-08

Initial Experiments :: R2 Unit

This track has been around in one form or another for many years for me.  It has never been properly called "finished" and released.  For me, this is me finally laying this track down for now.  I need to be done with it. 

This started with a sample of a mistake.  I was trying to play something else, made a mistake.  The other song remains in a folder on a hard drive, but I copied the mistake to another thing, and started messing with it.  After awhile the organ line ended up again as a sample on my Maschine, and then finally into Ableton.

Most of the current form of this song, was discovered on the Maschine.  The drums especially were done with this.  These are just stock libraries, but really paired down, then combined with other kits.  Multiple midi parts  were doubled, but as I said, it did end up in Ableton.

For awhile, things were going very well, adn then I started to hit a processor ceiling on the laptop I was using at this time. I bused a ton of midi tracks down to audio, to try and save space. 

Then a new PC, so some new things, try and revert to some older versions to "save" a few things, but at some point, you just have to stop.  I have put too much time into this song probably.  

I can still hear how early this song is in my production learning curve.  There are so many things I would like to redo with new things that I have learned, but time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Spam 4 You